Acne TampaMany teens have the unfortunate experience of persistent inflammation and irritation of the skin on the face. Acne has long been a problem associated with the teen years; however, it may also affect adults. The degree to which acne develops will largely determine how confident a person feels. We have seen many teens struggle unnecessarily with the emotional toll of chronic acne, and we offer a helping hand to patients from South Tampa, Downtown Tampa, St. Petersburg, Davis Island, Harbour Island, Beach Park, and more. If you are ready to resolve the problem of acne, contact our office for a consultation.
Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Milan Lombardi has extensive experience in the treatment of acne. Patients who visit our office benefit from a comprehensive treatment plan designed around their needs. Initially, the focus of acne treatment may be to minimize existing inflammation and bacterial activity. At the same time, we will also look to the future management of the skin to reduce flare-ups.
Why some people get acne
- Hair and makeup products
Acne may look different in every person. Some of the common lesions that we see in the acne patient include:
- Blackheads, which are clogged pores that have a dark surface. These "pimples" are open
- Whiteheads are closed "pimples," also clogged pores
- Pustules, which are fluid-filled pockets that look red and irritated
- Papules may feel tender to the touch
- Cysts are deep, fluid-filled sacs that may cause scarring if ruptured
- Nodules form deep beneath the skin and may cause pain
We understand the power of beautiful, healthy skin. For acne treatment designed to achieve the results you seek, contact us today.